The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum all about The Hunger Games

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' Empty
PostSubject: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 11th 2012, 9:13 pm

Dear readers,

The latest project to add to the installment of 'The Hunger Games Movie', 'Catching Fire', has been changed up a bit. It was announced this morning that the previous director, Gary Ross, has wimped out of filming Catching Fire.

"Despite recent speculation in the media, and after difficult but sincere consideration, I have decided not to direct Catching Fire. As a writer and a director, I simply don't have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule.

I loved making The Hunger Games — it was the happiest experience of my professional life. Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise: they empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results. And contrary to what has been reported, negotiations with Lionsgate have not been problematic. They have also been very understanding of me through this difficult decision."

-Gary Ross, featured on Yahoo!

It is known that, yes, Gary Ross does like to take breaks in between projects of movies. He said 'It simply was not enough time!' and gradually stepped out of filming Catching Fire. Although the director has stepped out, Catching Fire is still planned to hit theaters November 22nd, 2013. Hopefully the new director will be better then Gary Ross.

-Katniss
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Rue
Rue

Sponsors : 96

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 12th 2012, 12:58 pm

Katniss wrote:
Dear readers,

The latest project to add to the installment of 'The Hunger Games Movie', 'Catching Fire', has been changed up a bit. It was announced this morning that the previous director, Gary Ross, has wimped out of filming Catching Fire.

"Despite recent speculation in the media, and after difficult but sincere consideration, I have decided not to direct Catching Fire. As a writer and a director, I simply don't have the time I need to write and prep the movie I would have wanted to make because of the fixed and tight production schedule.

I loved making The Hunger Games — it was the happiest experience of my professional life. Lionsgate was supportive of me in a manner that few directors ever experience in a franchise: they empowered me to make the film I wanted to make and backed the movie in a way that requires no explanation beyond the remarkable results. And contrary to what has been reported, negotiations with Lionsgate have not been problematic. They have also been very understanding of me through this difficult decision."

It is known that, yes, Gary Ross does like to take breaks in between projects of movies. He said 'It simply was not enough time!' and gradually stepped out of filming Catching Fire. Although the director has stepped out, Catching Fire is still planned to hit theaters November 22nd, 2013. Hopefully the new director will be better then Gary Ross.

-Katniss

Psh! Gary Ross, come on WHIMP WHIMP WHIMP!!! if you probably filmed this, you could of went to the Acadamy Awards for 2013, and 2014! You just lost your own success. I get that you do not have enough time, but still. Try? I really hope the new director will be someone with perservearence. Those where just my thoughts on the topic at hand. Other people may feel differently about it, but hey, this is just me. I await the release of CF!(Catching Fire ** I like to abriviate, saves some time lol! **)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kifgforum.forumotion.com
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 10:07 am

Rue wrote:
Katniss wrote:
Dear readers,

-Katniss

Psh! Gary Ross, come on WHIMP WHIMP WHIMP!!! if you probably filmed this, you could of went to the Acadamy Awards for 2013, and 2014! You just lost your own success. I get that you do not have enough time, but still. Try? I really hope the new director will be someone with perservearence. Those where just my thoughts on the topic at hand. Other people may feel differently about it, but hey, this is just me. I await the release of CF!(Catching Fire ** I like to abriviate, saves some time lol! **)

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Haymitch
Super Moderator
Haymitch

Sponsors : 73

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2012, 9:56 pm

Gary Ross... what a derp D:

It's not like changing directors will make Catching Fire bad though. Look at the Harry Potter movies, they changed directors like, 4 times, and they all turned out great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rue
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 12:52 pm

Haymitch wrote:
Gary Ross... what a derp D:

It's not like changing directors will make Catching Fire bad though. Look at the Harry Potter movies, they changed directors like, 4 times, and they all turned out great Very Happy

And actors too..
Back to top Go down
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

Sponsors : 168

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 4:10 pm

Wait, what? They're changing actors too?!
Back to top Go down
Haymitch
Super Moderator
Haymitch

Sponsors : 73

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 4:30 pm

Tracker Jacker wrote:
I think Rue meant they changed actors in Harry Potter... (not sure though)
Back to top Go down
Rue
Rue

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 6:19 pm

Haymitch wrote:
Tracker Jacker wrote:
I think Rue meant they changed actors in Harry Potter... (not sure though)

Yes, I ment in Harry Potter and we're getting OT everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'   Drastic change in 'Catching Fire' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drastic change in 'Catching Fire'
Page 1 of 1