The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum all about The Hunger Games

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Team Deathmatch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatman22009
Tribute
Tribute
Fatman22009

Sponsors : 8

Team Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Team Deathmatch   Team Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 7:57 pm

Chapter One: Area 15
I woke up with a smile on my face. My dog went near me and licked my hand. The Pine tree’s smell fills the morning air. I went to our local market and the remains of last night’s fight still haunt the neighborhood. We people from Area 15 are always at war with Area 2. No one really knows why but I am sure father knows why. He has led five solo attacks on area 2 before but he simply vanished on his sixth strike. Some say he died… some believe the Watchers abducted him… but I always believe that he is still alive. The shady forest that we live in is fit for 250 people living in harmony. Fruits and vegetables are always available but if you want meat, you should learn to hunt. I needed meat for today and I left my weapon in my house. Luckily, I always bring with me my machete… both for protection and hunting. It is a good thing our area does not have any electrified fences and that means we are always free to go hunting as long as we like.
As I walk inside the forest, I noticed that the animals that we used to hunt are all but gone. I am sure we did not over hunt them because we only take what we need but knowing that they are all gone makes me suspicious. It has been 15 years since the last public game opened. During that time, the Watchers took so many animals that they almost became extinct. “They can’t be opening the game again,” I said. “Killing people should never be for entertainment”. I hurry back to my neighborhood to see if they had started recruiting. The Watchers were there, getting the attention of the people. I went closer to them and when they got everybody’s attention, they started to speak. “People from Area 15… I know that it has been 15 years since the last public games… but today, we will open it again!” said the Chief Watchman “This time with only one big difference, Instead of recruiting only five volunteers, we will recruit a hundred”. This made me think. If I would join, I would get to know more about my father’s whereabouts but if I will not, I would have just wasted a perfect opportunity. A few more minutes and I have finally made my decision. I will join.
“I will join!” I shouted and everyone else looked at me. My friend Neos went close to me and said, “Are you insane? If we have difficulty fighting 23 people from area 2 last night, how much more if it’s a hundred?” “I have to. I need to find my father.” I replied. Then my people started to raise their hands and so did Neos. “If our leader wants to find his father, then we shall join him no matter what happens. That is what we all promised each other,” said Neos. “We volunteer to join!” shouted my people. The Watchman smiles and said, “Very well then. However, we only need exactly a hundred people; we will send you the truck you will all ride on. For those who really want to join, stay here. It would take a few hours before it arrives”. My people and I went to the shack house we built 2 months ago. It is big enough for hundreds of people including me. “Give yourself a weapon and conceal it. I’m sure we would need a little ‘extra’ in the games.” I said. “Make sure it does not attract too much attention”. We all took melee weapons because we are much used to it than firearms… but even though we are not used to firearms, we know this will not be a big problem.
We return to the meet-up place to wait for the trucks. By the time we reached the place, the truck was there. Its body was made of metal, its windows were dark, and its color was black. We did not expect such a huge vehicle. “Get in!” said the truck driver who has an accent I have not heard for years. “Hey Xenon” my friend Kyle whispered. “What is it?” I replied.
“I took that awesome looking thing named X”
“What the-”
“Yeah… I know it’s awesome.”
“No it’s not… I made that… It’s a suicidal bomb”
“Okay then… left-handed leader.”
“No... It is okay… keep it. We might need it soon.”
“Okay then… thanks”
We all entered the truck and we are still excited to fight Area 2 for good.
The others stayed behind. They need to protect Area 15 while we go out and fight.

-----------------end of chapter 1-----------------------

Chapter 2: Welcoming
Various emotions are stirring up in the truck. Some started shivering while some started vomiting. This went on for almost 25 minutes until we finally reached our destination. The Watcher Headquarters looks haunting. You will never imagine how did they build it and how long did it take to build it; and according to most of the books about the Watcher history, the building’s height is 4500 feet tall, 8000 feet wide and 6000 feet long.
As the truck gets inside the building, the sound of the people cheering inside gets louder and louder with each passing second. The gates behind us finally closed and the static from the loudspeakers became louder. The other trucks from other areas are inside too. The noise stopped when the Watcher general finally spoke through the microphone. “Welcome, guests and players” said the general in a creepy raspy voice. “The public game, Team Deathmatch is now open! We Watchers have successfully recruited one hundred people in each area. There are twenty areas in total and that means two thousand players for our public game”
“That’s a lot… damn Xenon,” said Neos
“That’s all right” I replied.
The Watcher general told us that they would only give us 1 week to train every basic part of survival. They will teach running, fighting, hunting, shooting, and the most important of all, killing. We were told to go to our designated places and since my friends and I are from area 15, we will go to Chamber 15. As we enter the chambers, my friend Zaia was holding her concealed firearm. I told her not to hold it and she obeyed. Her reason was very simple “I checked the safety”.
We were already inside the Chamber and all we had to do is wait. A few more hours more and the people assigned to teach us are not yet around. I was about to break through the exit when our mentor came in. He does not speak. He speaks through a machine connected to his throat. His face, covered with breathing equipment. He spoke with kindness and with sincerity. My friends, moved by his kindness, started to ask questions about him. This went on until I was the only person who did not ask yet. My question, who are you.
He told me his name was Kryptos, which means ‘hidden’ in Greek. He has the same name as my father and so I asked him if he had a son. His answer was no. This made me more suspicious of him but I believe him. He asked us to start introducing their names and we obeyed. Soon, we were training with him in our first day. I noticed that even though he is disabled, he could still do more stuff than most of us in Area 15.
Day 2, we started training with melee weapons. It’s naturally Area 15’s specialty. We finished the training without breaking a sweat.
Day 3, we go hiking… on snow. All of us were shivering. It is a good thing we brought ourselves makeshift heaters. Until, one of us collapsed. It was Carlo, who has lung cancer. We aborted the hike and brought him back to our Chamber.
Day 4, Carlo died. He cannot take anymore. We mourned all day and so did Kryptos.
Day 5, we had firearms training. This made us get used to firearms. Kryptos showed us his well-known skill, shooting without looking. This was new for all of us. It was inspiring.
Day 6, Kryptos told us a skill we all have to develop, internal music. He cannot teach it but we can learn it. All we have to do is to listen to the ‘Anthem of War’. All the Areas sing the Anthem of War. It is sung in the language of our ancestors. Only we people from Area 15 can understand its message about courage and sacrifice. Kryptos told us that if we have taken its message and have placed it in our hearts, we would never be defeated.
Day 7, it is the last day of training. Kryptos gave us something that will remind us of his care. It is the badge of sacrifice. He received that badge because during his time, in the public game, when there were only two of them left in the game, he gave his life for his friend because there should be only one winner, the Watchers took pity of him, and they let him and his friend win.
One week of training gave me enough time to know more about Kryptos. He is not my father but he told me that survivors of the last game could still be inside the Arena. I thanked him and left.
All areas need to go to the great hall. I sang the anthem of war as I walked outside the chamber. The Watcher general gave each individual from each area, unique uniform armor. The uniforms show your area number and your name. Then the general gave us the main objective, to be the only team left standing. The supplies are given to us by plane inside a crate.
Therefore, it means we have to find a big clearing for the supply drops. There are a total of four rounds and four settings. I would find that out by myself. Our uniforms have life sensors. Therefore, if you die, the Watchers will know and will show how many players are left in each area. We were dropped off one by one randomly around the setting, which is a forest. I waited in my landing point for minutes and I waited for the signal to start.

___________end of chapter 2___________________

Chapter 3: “Let the Games Begin.”
I waited and waited for the signal but maybe they are giving us time to regroup with our friendly Area mates ‘cause it’s a team death match anyway but when I was about to leave my place, the Watcher middleman announced “The first round will start in….. 3, 2, 1, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!”
I panic as I run through the thick jungle, not because I am scared, but because I need to find a big clearing of land. I need to do so because a clearing of land is where they will drop the supplies. I unsheathe my concealed machete and I hack my way through the dense forest. “Stop finding an open clearing and regroup with your friends instead,” Kryptos said through my earpiece. I do not know if I would follow his advice or not but I trust him. So I looked for my friends first and as I do so, I hear a rustling sound behind me. I threw my machete behind me and I hear a thud. I looked back and I saw Morris, dad’s friend, with his sleeve pinned to a tree beside him. “What? That was awesome accuracy man!” Morris exclaimed. “Don’t sneak up on me like that… I almost killed you” I replied. Morris is a very curious man. His curiosity made him smarter than anyone else in Area 15. He is the kind of person that always takes an opportunity whenever he has it. As Morris and I continue the search, we both hear gunshots nearby. “The supplies have been dropped Xenon. Quick, let’s get some supplies!” said Morris “we’ll continue the search after we get some supplies.”
“Are you sure?” I replied. “We’re totally outnumbered.”
“Don’t worry. I’ll tell you what to do.”
“If we die because of this, I will kill you.”
“Go ahead.”
We sneaked closer to the clearing where the supplies were dropped. Then Morris slowly crept nearer to the supplies. He remained unnoticed and so I followed him. I was about to reach for a bottle of water when a player stepped on my hand. I stifled my shout to hide my pain. Then another player walked on my back. It was painful but I still have to hide the pain. I saw a shield but Morris told me to get only food, a handgun, and a little ammo. “This round only lasts two hours Xenon. It’s smarter to fight with a melee weapon,” Said Morris “oh, place a cooked grenade under this first aid kit bag and place it beside this crate.” He added. “What? Are you insane? The grenade will explode before we can crawl out of here. Unless you’re telling me to put it with the lever still on,” I replied. “Exactly…” replied Morris. Therefore, I took one of the grenades, pulled the pin, placed it under the first aid kit bag with the lever still on, and I slowly released the handle. There were no signs of mistakes. I was able to make a perfect trap for the first time. Thanks, Morris.
“Now, let’s get the hell out!” yelled Morris.
We stood up and ran towards the dense forest. Some players spotted us and they began to open fire upon us. Luckily, I took the shield I saw on top of the crate and now I used it to protect myself from bullets. The players stopped chasing us and resorted to the supplies instead. A player greedily snatches the first aid kit bag and I saw bodies fly and their blood were showered upon Morris and me.
We scouted the dense forest and we still found no signs of other players from Area 15. We searched each square meter of the forest and with a sigh of relief; I saw a tent already set up on a hill. “Why are you so happy?” asked Morris. “Before we all went into the trucks, I told everyone to gather all the materials needed to build a big tent. I told my friends; including you, to build a tent during the tournament.” I replied.
We walked towards the tent my friends built and I carefully drop the supplies we do not need near the fireplace they had built. We reached the tent and I slowly opened the covers… with my handgun prepared, I aim carefully to where I am pointing. I hear a voice… I do not know if it is my friend or enemy. I cautiously put in my mirror to see what is inside but it is too dark to see what is going on. Raged, I burst inside. I saw my friends pointing their firearms at me. “Don’t shoot! It’s our awesome clan leader,” said Neos “Well, Xenon, you survived!”
“Of course I did” I replied
“I thought you would never find us”
“Why, am I not the one who told you where you can place the tent you all will build?”
“Ha, here is your weapon. It is from your dad.”
The moment I heard Neos say “from your dad”, I quickly grabbed the note that came with the weapon. It said, “Xenon, if ever you are reading this note right now, I want to tell you that I am still alive. I only got this chance of writing to you because the guards forgot to lock my cell. The Watchmen took me to become one of them and if I don’t want to become one, they’ll kill you all.” Moreover, the date after it was June 19, 2023. The note was written 12 years after my dad’s disappearance.
“I don’t believe this thing,” I said.
“What? It’s from your dad!” replied Morris
“No, dad will choose greatness and not evil. This note is a trick.”
“What makes you so sure?”
“The Watchers call themselves Watchmen”
“But what if this note is true?”
“Then I would need your help to know the truth.”
From that moment on, I vowed eternal vengeance to the Watchers. The Watchmen have terrorized all the areas. They took their children, women, men, food, shelter, and even their lives. I think I can still forgive one Watchman I have met before. The Watchers took codenames instead of their real names. His name was Watcher 223. He helped me during the Battle of Thadis. Thadis was a place where most people gather for friendship and unity. The peace went on until the Watchers laid down heavy fire on the people. The Watchers believe that by doing psychological harm to the people, they will have the power to control them whenever they want to. Watcher 223 helped me by shooting his friendly Watchers. He was shot badly but he survived. I hope he is still alive. I want to thank him for the guts he had shown me.
We all got out of our tent and we prepared our weapons. We planned to surround the opposing players and make them fight each other while we kill the remaining players. We started our attack and before we spread out, the Middleman announced that Area 1 has eliminated all of Area 5’s players. This made me wonder because they had only recruited one player for Area 1. How is it possible for one man to eliminate a hundred people single handedly? Unless… the player they recruited, is Piero. Piero was known to be a lone wolf and a professional killer. No one who ever met this person lives. My dad once told me that if I ever meet this Piero personally, he told me to pray and wish for luck. That was a sign saying that I could never defeat him. Luck would be my only chance. Every person in Area 1 hates Piero. If they get a chance to take him away for good, they would do it. I really want to meet him before I die in his hands. I am a badass.
We continued to spread out but my goal was not to surround my enemies. My plan is to gather enough scrap material to finish my makeshift weapon that I have been trying to finish but I can’t because back in Area 15, there are no junk shops or storage areas. We simply throw away our junk and the Watchers collect it for their own use… the purpose? ... I do not know.
I went on with the search. I told Neos to stay close to me and he called Mia to join. I do not know the reason why Neos is always with Mia. Are they siblings, couples, or friends? Nah, I will just go on. We walked cautiously and we saw firearm on the ground. It is still warm and that means trouble. “What do you think? Is the killer around?” asked Mia. “Maybe… scan the trees.” I replied. “The trees are perfect hiding spots.”
Neos climbed the trees first, followed by Mia and then me. I aimed with my handgun’s iron sights and scanned each tree. Neos used his senses to look for the enemy. Mia is the not-so-smart one. Instead of looking for the enemy, she threw stones at the trees. We were insulted by her intelligence but we soon took back what we thought of her. Her stupidity led us to success. One of the stones the she threw hit the enemy’s head and was knocked unconscious. It was a player from area 2. His name is Colio.

“Congratulations, your intellect was of great help,” I told Mia. “That was a wise move that you made.”
“And to think she’s my sister.” Said Neos
“Who’s the smarter one between you two?” I replied
“Mia.”
“No… really?”
“Yeah, and she does makeshift weapons too.”
“Prove it.”
Neos then opened his bag, took out a weapon, and shot our unconscious enemy. The weapon totally looks primitive compared to mine… only that it has more touch that is feminine. We got down from the tress and took some of our enemy’s belongings. As I loot his body, I found a wallet. Inside it is a picture of the Watchers’ headquarters. The picture is riddled with circles… possibly indicating the building’s weak points. I did not even get a chance to thank him.
“Hey Neos, take a look at this!” Mia shouted.
“What is it?” Neos asked.
“Have you ever seen such a formation?” replied Mia.
Then I looked to where Mia is pointing and I saw all of Area 2 advancing towards our position. Their numbers are huge. They probably made allies with Area 8. Area 2 and Area 8 have been allies for 25 years straight and they’re still allies until today. Area 8 was called “The Land of the Great”. It was called so because the people have never lost a battle.
“Quick! We have to warn our troops!” I told Neos and Mia.
“But our troops are still doing the search, Xenon” replied Mia
“Then we would have to hold out these bastards.” I replied.
“Somos los mejores!” yelled Neos.
I set up my long-range rifle and placed a scope on its sights. I aimed on the heads of the incoming troops and I took a deep breath. I calculated the wind, gravity, and range to help me make a perfect headshot. I exhaled slowly and I pulled the trigger. It’s a perfect head shot.
I reloaded and fired another round… another headshot. I picked them off one by one and they are being disorganized. Then Neos tapped my shoulder and said “Hey, enough. That should give us enough time to look for our troops.”
“Okay then. Let’s hurry up though.” I replied.
As we ran through the forest, we came upon our troops gathered in one place. They look like they are looking at something. I curiously butted in and what I saw gave me the creeps. It’s Zaia’s body. Only that it is riddled with stab wounds, slash marks, and multiple bullet holes.
“Who had done this?” I asked.
“Piero, the dude from Area 1.” replied Ark.
“Shit, he had just proven to me that he is one tough merciless killer.” I replied.
“We have to avoid this guy,” said Ark.
We saw the round time, there is 30 minutes left, and we went to the dropped supplies for use in the next round.
“We don’t have to fight yet. We should gather supplies for the next round.” I said.
“Then we’d have to stay together. That way, we will not be lost.” Said Ark
“Agreed, let’s go.” I replied.

We took mostly weapons instead of food and water. Our minds were blinded by our own adrenaline. Some took medicines, while some took wood. I did not take anything but I know I will find some soon. “10 minutes left” said a computerized voice. Therefore, I took some ammo for the sniper rifle I took and asked everyone to go back to the tent.
We reached the tent on time but there is someone inside the tent looking at us. It was not any of us. I went closer to him and asked, “Who are you?” There was no reply. Therefore, I asked again but still, there is no reply. I took out my handgun and pointed it to him and said, “speak or I will shoot”. There is still no reply. I threatened to hit him with my handgun and then he stood up, took a knife from his pockets and threw it at me. He then took four more knives and threw it to my teammates and then he took my machete and chopped down our tent’s columns. I tried to catch him before he can escape but he was too fast. The only haunting memory I have of him is his Area number…, which is…, one.
I looked behind me and I saw my teammates carrying the bodies of Neos, Mia, Morris, and Ark. Four of my friends, killed within a blink of an eye. I took the knives off their chests and we all sang a song for them. I then took the knives as grave markers for my friends.
“First round is over,” said the computerized voice, “Players, you are given ten hours of rest before the next round. The next setting will be the city and it would last for 5 hours.”
We fixed the tent, healed our wounds, and wrote letters for our loved ones. The next round is longer. I am sure we would have to fight for real tomorrow. I have to avenge the death of my friends.

-----------------end of chapter 3----------------------

Chapter4: A Watcher’s Sacrifice
We were ordered to get in the truck last rode on because we would transfer to the next arena, which is the City. The city’s origins are unknown. The City was known for its wealth, technology, armies, and its government. We have no official government but with this kind of governance, where we are divided into areas and separated from each other, the Watchers will fall if all the areas will unite and fight against them.
As we enter the new arena, I noticed that my friend, Ivan, who is also known as ‘Evader’, is sharpening his new blade.
“What is the name of that blade?” I asked.
“It’s a Katana,” replied Ivan.
“Where did you get it?”
“My father built it for me when I was just 3 years old.”
“Ah… It’s a special blade then.”
“That’s right.”
He then sheathed his sword and strapped it on his back. We waited for the announcer- err… computer announcer to start the signal. My plan is to get a tough building for me and my teammates. We would use it as shelter and as a stronghold against opposing forces. I took out my sniper rifle and aimed for the head of Piero, who is almost a mile away. In a short moment, Piero noticed me and fired an arrow from his bow. The arrow flew for a few seconds and it hit my sniper rifle’s scope.
“Damn! This guy is good.” I remarked.
“He’s not impossible to defeat,” replied Anna, Ark’s fiancé.
“What?” I replied
“He only kills people when he is threatened,”
“Then how about when he spots his enemy?”
“He only injures them with minor and major injuries.”
“But he makes sure that the injuries he will inflict, will bring pain and suffering to his victim.”
“That’s right.”
The driver cut our conversation short. “Hey! You guys are awesome down there!” he said. Then he pulled his sleeve and he showed us his scar. It started from the collar and ended to the hip. “You guys better avoid Piero. He gave me this scar.” He added.
“Damn. Uh… Sir… Do you know a player whose son is named Xenon?” I asked.
“Whoa, I have little knowledge of him but all I know is that he fought Area 2 five times and he disappeared on his sixth,” the driver replied.
“I’m Xenon. Nice too meet you sir,” I replied.
“Really? Woo! I’m talking to the son of the greatest soldier ever!”
“Why?”
“Why? Because your father has won 16 games straight since he was just 18 years old,” the driver replied, “you should get to know more about your father Xenon. By the way, my name’s Billy.”
“How come you know little about your father?” asked Anna.
“He’s always needed by the people. He is the one who gives work, gives money, and gives education and compassion to the people. However, even though he is always busy doing his work, he always remembers me. He never forgets me.” I replied.
“Your father is a great man Xenon. I wish you good luck. We’re here,” said Billy.
Billy dropped us randomly around the setting. He gave us some food while he did so. Then Billy gave me a Kevlar vest. “I knew your father. He told me to give this to you if ever you will join the games. Good luck my friend,” he said. I took the vest and wore it. It had a note in its pockets and it said “Son, please be careful.”
I took out my handgun and reloaded it. “Okay Billy, I will go now.” I said. Billy waved and closed the truck’s door. This time, I will finish my father’s sixth fight. I went to the closest grocery store and took some food. I went to its storeroom and took some sticks, which I sharpened and kept it in my bag. After that, I walked out and went to the gun shop beside the grocery. I went in, not for the firearms, but for its classic weaponry, the medieval armory. I took a katana, a bow, some arrows, and the classic Spartan helmet. I made a fire in the shops backyard and I threw in my old weapons including, the sniper rifle, and the tactical shield.
Then I walked out and I saw an abandoned car. It still seems to be working so I took some car batteries from the auto shop beside the gun shop and I connected it to the car. I looked inside the car and the keys are still there… I popped the hood open and the engine was still warm.
“This was used recently.” I said to myself.
Judging from the heat, I guessed that it must have been used 30 minutes ago. I checked its fuel levels and the tank is half-full. Therefore, I hopped inside the car and turned the keys. The car worked perfectly and I drove away. As I was driving around the ruined city, I saw a junkshop. I stopped and looked inside. The junkshop has enough spare parts to finish my makeshift firearm.
“I can’t build the weapon today. I need more time,” I said
“Then you will need some help with that.” A man replied.
I saw the man standing near the entrance and he took out a wrench. I thought he was a player but I realized that he was not wearing any uniform armour.

---------end of chapter 4------------------

Back to top Go down
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

Team Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Deathmatch   Team Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2012, 9:51 pm

What an awesome story! I'll look forward to reading the rest.

~Katniss
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Fatman22009
Tribute
Tribute
Fatman22009

Sponsors : 8

Team Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Deathmatch   Team Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2013, 12:10 am

Katniss wrote:
What an awesome story! I'll look forward to reading the rest.

~Katniss

I'll finish chapters 6,7,8 between february and april. I'll find more time to finish my story.. (Thanks for the comment.)
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

Team Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Deathmatch   Team Deathmatch I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2013, 12:50 am

That'll be excellent, thanks! Very Happy

~Katniss
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Team Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Deathmatch   Team Deathmatch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Deathmatch
Page 1 of 1