The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum all about The Hunger Games

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

Sponsors : 168

The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  Empty
PostSubject: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 10:11 pm

*WARNING*

I know this is a fan fiction, but you don't have the right to steal or borrow any of the minor or major aspects in the book. I worked really hard in this, and I would hate it if someone would just take it without credit.

Chapter 1: My Present

I have planned this for a while. I know this is a G-Rated site, but I guessed since there is an RPG, a Fan-Fic can go fine. This has nothing to do with the Katniss and Peeta era btw. I wanted to test this out and see how it goes. Please comment below, and tell me if its good or bad. It won't hurt.

ENJOY!
I open my eyes to the smell of delicious pan-cakes and sweet scrambled eggs. My mom always makes a good breakfast on the day of the reaping. She seems to get excited this type of year, despite the loss of my brother in one of the Games. She tries to make the best of this day, and kids around with this stuff. She has learned to take in the best in life, then think about the negative when the time comes.
Along with the excellent Reaping Day breakfast, my father has brought in his daily supply of food. This day, he had along with him bite-sized square-shaped rolls, District 3's bread. I saluted my father then picked a clean plate from the clean pile. I saw my reflection on it. I could see my brown hair that I haven't put gel on in quite a while, it was messy looking. My eyes told the story of my life. They were deep brown, just like the blood my brother died in during the 76th Hunger Games. He was one of the last six people left on the arena, but was killed my the vicious Tracker Jackers. Ignoring my abhorrent memory, I fill my plate with the eggs, then add 3 pancakes. I almost forgot about the bread, and stuck two in my mouth before my parents ate them.
My father joins the dinner table, and so does my mom.

''So who do you think they'll call this year?'' my father says, gulping in a piece of the blue berry pancake.

''It was my fifteenth birthday yesterday. I am so getting called. Bad things appear when you least expect them to'' I say, staring at my eggs, which I give up for another piece of bread.

''Hey, kiddo. Even if you do get called, you have a great advantage.'' My father winks at me.
I might have something the other tributes don't, and that is my knowledge of technology. The Gamekeepers alter the arena every year, and rumors have been going around the District that this year, the arena will be all futuristic. Technology, killer robots, electric gates, psst. I do know about technology, but I won't stand a chance. I am too nice to kill - and even if I do, I will feel guilty about it, even if I win. I nod awkwardly, trying not to make my father disappointed.
''Tell him'' my mother interrupted my thoughts.

''Fine''. My father pulled out a black and blue box. Could it be? My birthday present?! I'm so excited!
I carefully grab the box, noticing that it is quite light. I opened the top of the box, and I look around the room. My parents were barely off their chairs with anticipation.
''What is it?'' I say without looking inside.

''Open it and find out'' my mom said, screaming now.
I peeked inside. It was black with yellow stripes, and pitch black at the end. It had a handle, and was shaped like a gun. I gripped it, and pointed. I finally noticed what it was. It couldn't have been. This being the technology district, I have always wanted one. I have seen my father kill people with it when they broke the law. I point it to the floor now, and a rat darts by. I tighten the handle, and an electric shock goes through the air. The rat was now ashes.
''You'll have something no one else has. Electicity - power - a taser gun'' my father proudly says.

He winks at me.
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 10:12 pm

So glad you posted this on here, too!(;
Wonderful as always!

~Katniss
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 10:25 pm

Katniss wrote:
So glad you posted this on here, too!(;
Wonderful as always!

~Katniss

Thanks so much! I will be more balanced out if it is on two websites, so I will have at least one that isn't dying over another chapter. xD
Back to top Go down
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 10:33 pm

Haha, that's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2012, 11:02 pm

Chapter 2: The Reaping

I was happy about my new gift. Something to be happy out. Finally, I think to myself. Now if I do get called, I truly have a talent that can outdo the others, but the odds are at high stakes. Someone can have a weapon that is much more dangerous and hardcore than mines is. But honestly, I have never seen something as hardcore as a 1000 bolt taser. I try to avoid thinking about the games, because we aren't at the reaping yet, and my name hasn't been called. For now. I exhale, letting out my nervousness from my stomach.

''That's a lot better'' I whisper downward after my release of air.

''How do you like it honey?'' my mother says, now standing up above my left shoulder witnessing the ashes I have made.

''Mom, don't call me honey. I'm fifteen now'' I say rolling my eyes.

''Hey hey, lets not get into a diddly mood before the most exciting day of the year'' my father interrupted while putting on his jacket. He picked up that word when he earned himself a trip through Panem. When he visited District 11, people were overusing this word. He says it has gotten annoying, but I still don't get the fact that he overuses it now.

My mother ignores my rude call and turns off all four of our televisions, our microwave, the projector, and secures my taser gun inside the box and inserts it under my bed. Finally, we turn off the lights and were heading to the town square. My father had a blue pick up truck, a very old one. He says he won't buy another one because all cars get the same job done. I put my hand on the handle of the care, and pull. It didn't open. My father joined me, and was about to help.

''Dad, I'm fifteen now. I think I can open the car door'' I say.

I pull harder. Nothing. It takes me five more tries to open it, then we were on the road. The town square wasn't as far in the district, but my father would never walk if his truck was there. District three was looking nice today. The sun was out, and cumulus clouds surrounded the air. There was a utility pole every few feets, to of course, keep the electricity running. When he drove about a mile, I see that a pole was on the floor. I smile, remembering the time when I was with my brother. It was five years ago. He was 15, and I was ten. My father said we were allowed to run around the fields that day, but his number one rule was to stay away from the poles. It was impossible as a kid to keep away from them, because we do everything we are told not to. There was a pole that was almost 30 feet high, taller than any other of the poles. My brother winked at me, and jumped on the pole of wood. He wrapped his legs around the pole, and reached up. He was about 20 feet high when he saw them. It was a nest of tracker jacker wasps. I didn't know what they were at my age, but they taught him at school to beware them. He stood still, and I gave him signals, told him not to panic. I stood for 30 minutes in suspense, shouting to my father. I doubt he could hear us, but no body knows who will show up. But again, we aren't supposed to be in this side of the district anyways. Soon after, we saw my fathers blue truck approach us, and my father had his axe with him. He carefully told my brother to jump immediately after his chops it, because the hive will sense danger when the tree starts to shake. My father picks up his axe, and chops it once, and my brother lifted his legs and arms and jumped off it. That one hit made the pole lose its balance, and fall, making the tracker jackers escape. We both hopped on the pick up truck and my father zoomed out of the area. That was my brothers last encounter with these mutts, until of course, they killed him.

The towns square was full of people, and I could see that Cattyvine was there. A girl from school, a girl that I despised. Well, I didn't really dislike her, but she hated me for some reason. My family and her got along greatly, but the hatred between me and her was unexplainable. If both of us get called, this is ought to be an interesting game. My father ran up to her dad and jerked his shoulder.

''Hey pal!'' Cattyvine's dad said as he jumped to my fathers sudden greeting.

My dad and her dad met in their jobs. They both work as town guards, and do a heck a' good job at doing so. They take this to their advantage and have serious fun killing people who break the law. My train of thought was interrupted as Effie Trinket began to talk. This year she was dressed in all blue, and her excitment could not compare to my fathers. I could tell she was excited because she got promoted to a richer district, and was closer to hosting the Reaping in the Capitol. Her smile was broad, and she was wearing a glamorous blue dress, with yellow sparkles that made it impossible to stop staring. Her wig was blue, and it looked like she had spent a week doing her makeup. She began talking.

''Hello everybody, welcome to the District 3 Reaping!'' Effie jumped a bit. How did she do that with a heel that was one feet long? ''I'm excited, and I hope you guys are too!'' she exaggerated. It looked like she yelled every sentence she said. ''Ladies first!'' she continued. The crowd went quiet, and coincidentally, cold air filled the square. Effie picked up her arm, and inserted it in a box that had all the towns girls name on them. She moved her hand around, and smiled as she grabbed a name. Slowly, she spread it out so she could read it carefully, adding more suspense to the crowd.

''Cattyvine Seranova!'' she yelled. The audience began to clap. My heart froze. The girl I had hatred for has been called, and possibly was going to get killed. You would expect that I was happy, but no one deserves to die, not even someone that I despised. I wonder how she was going to get killed. Stabbed? Electrocuted? Drowning? Killed by mutts? All these were possible in the games, and every second into it, suspense had grown. Cattyvines curly light brown hair was noticeable from a distance. Her freckles looked like they were going to fall off any second for how she was shivering. I looked left, and Mr.Seranova was on the floor. This is a big deal. I haven't thought of it this way.

''Daemean Desmundo!'' Effie shouted.

I was so caught up while thinking of Cattyvine, that I haven't noticed my name was called for the boy tribute.

''There yah go kiddo, good luck!'' my father said, slapping my back.

''Dad, I'm fifteen now. I think I can do this without luck'', I say, trying to hide my fear.

I couldn't understand why he was proud of me. I was possibly going to die like everyone else anyways. This is terrible. My tribute partner hates me, and my father is overestimating me. How could this get any worse? I was forced to walk up the stage, and was taken into a hallway with Cattyvine.

''Oh, I just love that!'' Effie said as the doors behind me closed.
Rue

Sponsors : 96

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2012, 12:35 am

Wow! Great Job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kifgforum.forumotion.com
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2012, 8:52 am

Chapter 3: Frater

I could feel the tension between Cattyvine and me across the Peacekeepers. They were taking us to the room where we can say goodbye to our family. I wasn't going to see my father and mother till' who knows when. The room was cozy, and it was decorated with the finest fabrics of District Eight.
I couldn't help but tearing up. I didn't want to leave my old man and woman alone. They could do good without me, but I am all they have. After my brothers death, I had become their only child. My father's enthusiasm from my name being called was ominous. The door burst open and my father came running towards me, and my mother stayed in the corner. He wrapped his arms around my neck. I thought he was happy I was called?
''You know I only said that so they won't think you're weak''. The words barely came out his mouth.

''2 minutes'' a fierce Peacekeeper voice said.

I stood wordless. I have now realized how much this means. For my family, myself, and the future of my district.
''You're going to go down there, and win this thing! I don't care how much you hate Cattyvine. I will send you the ...'' the Peacekeepers pulled him out before the final words exited his mouth. I wonder what he was going to say. I didn't put too much thought to him after a while. The Peacekeepers gave me some time alone. How was I going to make my death memorable? My main ambition was to stay alive at the Cornucopia, then after that I guess I'll wing it. These are just my thoughts for now. I know I'll have more knowledge once my mentor is done with me.
I get pushed out of the room by a buff Peacekeeper. I see Cattyvine on the other side of the hallway, and our Keepers take us to the train we're supposed to mount. Now that I think about it - how the Peacekeepers treat us - how they push us like we're some kind of animal, makes me feel vulnerable, and makes me think that Cattyvine and I, and not to mention every other tribute participating in the Games, are just Capitol dolls. I try to think about something else, because rebellion isn't exactly a great idea against the Capitol.
Once we're in the train, Effie begins to lecture about how excited she is to be moving on to a richer district next year. She leaves to her room, and comes back with a whole nother' look. I wonder how much time it takes for her to make up an outfit. And those wigs? She has one for every color in the rainbow.That is what I call obsession.
''Ready to meet your mentor?!'' Effie screams, and gives a little clap that just shows how enthusiastically crazy she is.
A man appeared in front of one of the doors leading to a room. He was sharp looking, and was 100x more muscular then I will ever be. The man didn't look very old, he looked maybe in his early twenties. He was wearing a black suit, which was one size too big. He had wavy brown hair that kind of resembled Cato's from the 74th Hunger Games. When he came closer, I recognized him. I knew exactly who he was. He was the boy that killed my brother in the 76th Hunger Games. He dropped the Tracker Jacker hive on him while he was running to the Cornucopia feast.
''Hello, my name is Frater, and I'm obviously your fine mentor'' he said. He spun around pointing at his suit. Cattyvine fell on the floor when she saw him. Figures.

''You killed him'' I said. I looked straight at his eyes.
He froze noticing my resemblance to his victim.
''You're Morto's brother'' he said.
Effie made an artificial smile and interrupted our deadly connection. She sat Cattyvine and me down, and served us food. Effie would have never done this if she hadn't known. But she did. She's the one that announces in the Reaping. She remembers everyone that she calls, and knows how awfully they died, or how magnificently they won. Frater grabbed a plate himself, and stuffed himself with bite sized rolls. Its delirious how my father has to go through a lot to his family a legit pound of bread, where in the Capitol, it is given at many occasions for free. I began to dig in my plate, ignoring Frater's flirty conversation with Cattyvine.
''Well, Cattyvine. You look Cattyfine''. I hate hearing people flirt. It just makes me feel less capable of getting a girlfriend. Plus, since when were mentors allowed to flirt with the tributes? Cattyvine went along with it, because she obviously fell for his looks.

''When are we going to get started'' I sharply said, preventing his lips from touching hers.

''Look kid, we just got on the train. Relax'' he laughed.

''Look, Frater. I just don't want to be killed. Like you did to my brother'' I raised my voice. Effie looked like she was having an earthquake inside her body.
Frater ignored Cattyvine and smashed his first on the table.
''LOOK. IT WASN'T MY FAULT THAT I GOT SENT INTO THAT ARENA TO KILL!'' his face turned purple, and Effie had to put settle him down.

''Now, if you're going to work with me, you have to get along with me, or I could just care less and let you die. Like your brother'' he finished. His voice was now with sympathy.
I stood up, and went to the nearest window. I stood there until we reached the Capitol.
Back to top Go down
Haymitch
Super Moderator
Haymitch

Sponsors : 73

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 5:07 pm

I love this! =D Keep up the good work ^-^
Back to top Go down
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 4:16 pm

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Tracker Jacker
Blood Bath Survivor
Blood Bath Survivor
Tracker Jacker

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 4:16 pm

Chapter 4: The Capitol

The Capitol was magnificent. As the train arrived, my frown was forced to turn upside down at the sight of all the loveable – but crazy Capitol people. It was like seeing people from all the colors of the rainbow. In District 3, we didn’t have green or blue people. I was wondering how much time and effort they put into this event, and how the Capitol people got prepared to witness our victory – or our deaths. A yellow haired woman almost touched the train window with her lips, and looked like she was scratching on the poles that separated us from them. I jumped back. How intense. I never got attacked by women back home, or not at least in this way.
‘’Cattyvine! Come see this, it’s amazing!’’ Wait. What did I just do? I just showed a sign of friendship to my worst enemy in humankind. To my surprise, the girl with the curly hair stood up and waved next to me. The crowd loves us.

‘’It’s the star-crossed lovers all over again!’’ someone screamed, and through roses at the window. Both of us backed up and let the other tributes get some fame too. I remember that phrase from the 74th Hunger Games. If I am not mistaken, Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen were called this because of their ‘’love’’ in the arena, where only one can live. I would never in a life time publicly say who I love. I couldn’t handle the questions, the doubt, and the people waiting for our lips to touch. The thoughts of me and Cat – wait, why am I calling her Cat?! I take a deep breath. I was trapped in a train of emotions.
A bump made all of us jump. We were finally at the Training Center, the place we were going to be staying at for the next few days. From the outside you could easily tell that this was one of the tallest buildings in the Capitol. It was a clear skyscraper with about 14 stories. Cattyvine and I, including Effie and Frater, were the third group to enter the lobby. District one and two were already in their floors, I bet thinking about the most entertaining ways to kill someone. But entertaining isn’t what always gets you the prize. I remember Clove, the female tribute from District 2 in the 74th Hunger Games, tried to give Katniss Everdeen a slow and painful death, but before she got to kill Katniss, someone killed her first. Just thinking about this may give you an ever ending headache.
Effie began a speech on how she knows we’re going to win this, because the last District she was an Escort for, and the district actually won, was six years ago in the 74th Hunger Games. The other districts she was an escort for died in the bloodbath, or didn’t survive past the 3rd day. I look back, and notice the other tributes entering. Past all the tall people, I see a little short guy where District 5, power, is supposed to be standing. He had curly short hair, and had light brown skin. If he was wearing green, I could just about mistake him for a leprechaun. I wonder how he would do in the Hunger Games. I don’t remember any short people standing a chance. I run up to him, and begin to say hi, when Frater pulls me and begins to talk.
‘’Rule number one, never be friends with short people. They will get themselves killed, or worse. Get you killed’’ he explains. He also gives an example on how in the 74th Hunger Games, this occurred. I look back, and the kid was staring at me. I guess I could talk to him while we’re training. I enter the elevator once Effie has signed us in, and we click the 3rd button on the wall. Through the clear glass on the elevator, I saw the Career Tributes practicing without the actual weapons. They don’t even ask their mentors for survival skills. I think their thought of mind is to knock everyone out just in time – and stay alive with what the sponsors and the Cornucopia backpack provide. A very tuneful alarm lets us know we are on the floor, and we step off the elevator.
Every floor matched their districts theme, and I expected our floor to look like crap, but the room designers really put their effort on District 3’s floor. The wall was curving with computer chip designs that glowed, and the food baskets were colored black and sky blue. The room’s blended in with the wall, but when the room senses you’re there, it turns light blue. I was amazed on the technology in the room, and I thought the technology back home was enough. Cattyvine immediately ran to her room and picked out an outfit, when Frater pulled her out. Is he going to begin flirting with her again? I think to myself. When, he picks me up to and sits us down and the smooth curvy chairs in the living room.
‘’This is the 80th Hunger Gam-‘’ I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

‘’We know that.’’
He looks at me fiercely, and then starts talking again like I have never spoke.
‘’Every decade, they make the Games harder than the previous one. They add fire rings to the Cornucopia, put spikes on the trees so you can’t climb them, add an extra couple of Tracker Jacker nets. You never know how the Gamemakers are feeling that day, and lets pray that they’re not feeling angry. This is why you are going to need sponsors. When you see spikes, sponsors will give you gloves capable to climb.’’ He adds.

‘’How do we get sponsors?’’ Cat jumps into the conversation, and her tone was much nicer than any other tone I have ever heard.

‘’Easy, don’t be yourself’’
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction    The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Miracle - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction
Page 1 of 1