The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Welcome to Hunger Games Central! Please login or register.

Gale
Administrator
The Hunger Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum all about The Hunger Games

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

What if the hunger games was played like this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatman22009
Tribute
Tribute
Fatman22009

Sponsors : 8

What if the hunger games was played like this? Empty
PostSubject: What if the hunger games was played like this?   What if the hunger games was played like this? I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2012, 3:16 am

Well.. I just watched The Hunger Games yesterday and it was really fun. It may have a lot of similarities with Battle Royale but it's still awesome...
I soon found out it was very similar to my younger brother's story(my brother did not even know the hunger games that time).. I even added a few with it before.. this is what it contained
:

1. There were Areas.. not districts..
2. There was no reaping.. just voluntary and forced joining..
3. They recruited 100 participants per Area... (there were 15 areas in total)
4. The participants were given 5 weeks of training and a days rest.
5. The Areas were distributed or dropped randomly in the arena in any order..
6.They are given one weapon of choice before the fight.
7.Supplies are given freely.. inside a crate.. by plane..
8.During the training, they are mentored by the previous winners of the games.
9.There are 4 rounds in the whole fight.. 1st round lasts 2 hrs.

-the 2nd for 4 hours
-the 3rd for 8 hours
-the 4th goes on until only one area remains alive.

10.Between each round is a 10 hour rest for all players.
11.of course.. there is parkour

12. there is a total of 4 maps(forest, ruins, city, Mountains.)
-each map has different survival tactics
13. The game was not for the entertainment of the audience but for the honor that will be given to the players.
I'll put more soon.. I have to read my brother's book again..

Back to top Go down
Katniss
Katniss

Sponsors : 215

PostSubject: Re: What if the hunger games was played like this?   What if the hunger games was played like this? I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 12:34 am

1. There were Areas.. not districts.. - It would be similar, I would think.
2. There was no reaping.. just voluntary and forced joining.. - No one would volunteer. xD
3. They recruited 100 participants per Area... (there were 15 areas in total) - Too busy and too long
4. The participants were given 5 weeks of training and a days rest.- There's already 3 - 4 days for training, not much of a difference.
5. The Areas were distributed or dropped randomly in the arena in any order.. - That would give the beginners an advantage.
6.They are given one weapon of choice before the fight. - Unfair advantages in some aspects.
7.Supplies are given freely.. inside a crate.. by plane.. - That would cause the games to last forever.
8.During the training, they are mentored by the previous winners of the games. - That's why the previous victors are the Mentors
9.There are 4 rounds in the whole fight.. 1st round lasts 2 hrs. - It would be too fast..
-the 2nd for 4 hours - See above
-the 3rd for 8 hours - See above ^
-the 4th goes on until only one area remains alive. - Alright, I guess.
10.Between each round is a 10 hour rest for all players. - Too long..
11.of course.. there is parkour - A what..?
12. there is a total of 4 maps - Like in Catching Fire..?
-each map has different survival tactics - See above ^
13. The game was not for the entertainment of the audience but for the honor that will be given to the players - It would still be entertainment
Back to top Go down
https://hungergamescentral.forumotion.com/
Fatman22009
Tribute
Tribute
Fatman22009

PostSubject: additional..   What if the hunger games was played like this? I_icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 7:39 pm

1. there are Areas.. so there were also Sites, Zones, and Sectors
2. *Spoiler alert* The main protagonist has escaped from the arena... this gave him time to gather recruits from the sites, zones, and sectors. (so he can rebel against the Watchers) Smile
*the watchers are like the peacekeepers in the hunger games... but they are brutal *

1st chapter of my brother's book (enjoy reading) I added spaces for easier reading.***

Chapter One: Area 15
I woke up with a smile on my face. My dog went near me and licked my hand. The Pine tree’s smell fills the morning air.
I went to our local market and the remains of last night’s fight still haunt the neighborhood. We people from Area 15 are always at war with Area 2. No one really knows why but I am sure father knows why.

He has led five solo attacks on area 2 before but he simply vanished on his sixth strike. Some say he died… some believe the Watchers abducted him… but I always believe that he is still alive. The shady forest that we live in is fit for 250 people living in harmony. Fruits and vegetables are always available but if you want meat, you should learn to hunt.

I needed meat for today and I left my weapon in my house. Luckily, I always bring with me my machete… both for protection and hunting. It is a good thing our area does not have any electrified fences and that means we are always free to go hunting as long as we like.

As I walk inside the forest, I noticed that the animals that we used to hunt are all but gone. I am sure we did not over hunt them because we only take what we need but knowing that they are all gone makes me suspicious. It has been 15 years since the last public game opened. During that time, the Watchers took so many animals that they almost became extinct.

“They can’t be opening the game again,” I said. “Killing people should never be for entertainment”. I hurry back to my neighborhood to see if they had started recruiting. The Watchers were there, getting the attention of the people.

I went closer to them and when they got everybody’s attention, they started to speak. “People from Area 15… I know that it has been 15 years since the last public games… but today, we will open it again!” said the Chief Watchman

“This time with only one big difference, Instead of recruiting only five volunteers, we will recruit a hundred”. This made me think. If I would join, I would get to know more about my father’s whereabouts but if I will not, I would have just wasted a perfect opportunity. A few more minutes and I have finally made my decision. I will join.

“I will join!” I shouted and everyone else looked at me. My friend Neos went close to me and said, “Are you insane? If we have difficulty fighting 23 people from area 2 last night, how much more if it’s a hundred?” “I have to. I need to find my father.”

I replied. Then my people started to raise their hands and so did Neos. “If our leader wants to find his father, then we shall join him no matter what happens. That is what we all promised each other,” said Neos. “We volunteer to join!” shouted my people.

The Watchman smiled and said, “Very well then. However, we only need exactly a hundred people; we will send you the truck you will all ride on. For those who really want to join, stay here. It would take a few hours before it arrives”.

My people and I went to the shack house we built 2 months ago. It is big enough for hundreds of people including me. “Give yourself a weapon and conceal it. I’m sure we would need a little ‘extra’ in the games.” I said. “Make sure it does not attract too much attention”. We all took melee weapons because we are much used to it than firearms… but even though we are not used to firearms, we know this will not be a big problem.

We return to the meet-up place to wait for the trucks. By the time we reached the place, the truck was there. Its body was made of metal, its windows were dark, and its color was black. We did not expect such a huge vehicle. “Get in!” said the truck driver who has an accent I have not heard for years. “Hey Xenon” my friend Kyle whispered. “What is it?” I replied.
“I took that awesome looking thing named X”
“What the-”
“Yeah… I know it’s awesome.”
“No it’s not… I made that… It’s a suicidal bomb”
“Okay then… left-handed leader.”
“No... It is okay… keep it. We might need it soon.”
“Okay then… thanks”
We all entered the truck and we are still excited to fight Area 2 for good.
The others stayed behind. They need to protect Area 15 while we go out and fight.

(comments are open)
Back to top Go down
Fatman22009
Tribute
Tribute
Fatman22009

PostSubject: answers to your reactions..   What if the hunger games was played like this? I_icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 2:17 am

Let me answer this one by one... According to what I read in my brother's book. Note that he doesn't know hunger games or anything related to it.

("2. There was no reaping.. just voluntary and forced joining.. - No one would volunteer. xD")
-Then they would force the people to join with their guns and stuff.

("3. They recruited 100 participants per Area... (there were 15 areas in total) - Too busy and too long")
-The game rules change depending on the Administrator. Plus... there were actually 20 areas..

("5. The Areas were distributed or dropped randomly in the arena in any order.. - That would give the beginners an advantage.")
-An equalizer was planted in their armor. So if one player kills another player before the signal was given, he would also get killed.

(6.They are given one weapon of choice before the fight. - Unfair advantages in some aspects.) I agree... I fixed this part already.

(7.Supplies are given freely.. inside a crate.. by plane.. - That would cause the games to last forever.) -there is an interval between each drop. Mostly 2 hours.

(10.Between each round is a 10 hour rest for all players. - Too long..) Fixed it... I just made it 30 minutes. Enough to time to transfer from one map to another.

(12. there is a total of 4 maps - Like in Catching Fire..?) -I haven't read the book yet...

(13. The game was not for the entertainment of the audience but for the honor that will be given to the players - It would still be entertainment) -The audience are only from the areas and the Watchers.

And that would be all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if the hunger games was played like this?   What if the hunger games was played like this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if the hunger games was played like this?
Page 1 of 1